The classic action adventure title returns, bringing console-like gameplay to your PC
TORONTO, ON – February 1, 2016 – Thrax is back, and ready to turn your PC into a gladiatorial arena once again. Throwback Entertainment announced the release of Gladiator: Sword of Vengeance today. Originally released by Acclaim Entertainment on the PlayStation(R) 2 computer entertainment system and the Xbox(TM) video game system from Microsoft, the hit title is now available for download on Steam.
Gladiator: Sword of Vengeance(TM) is set in ancient Rome, where the only justice comes in the form of cold sharp steel. Players step into the armor of Thrax, the deadliest gladiator of his time, and quickly learn to master an array of deadly combo attacks and bloody finishing moves in a quest to return Rome to its former glory.
“Gladiator has been a labor of love for our team, and we couldn’t be happier than to have it be released on Steam so we can share it with the world,” said Robert Maduri, president of Throwback Entertainment. “Continue to check in with us… we are planning to release more of our classic titles here in the coming months!”
The media had the following to say about Gladiator Sword of Vengeance(TM):
“The graphics, sound effects and especially the voice acting are fantastic” – GameBiz
“I always enjoy a good hack ‘n slash, provided it has style …
and Gladiator certainly has that!” – Silver Award – PSE2
“Definitely worth a pickup from casual and hardcore action fans alike.” – PSM
Gladiator Sword of Vengeance(TM) for Steam includes:
- Steam integrated achievements, trading cards, and cloud save, and controller support
- Updated screen resolution options – save the empire in 1080P!
- An advanced combat system that allows a huge variety of gladiatorial moves and multiple opponent targeting;
- “Death Blows” – more than 60 gory killing moves based on authentic historical data
- A huge variety of opponents, including powerful gladiators and terrifying mythical monsters
- Scripted cameras and dynamic lighting, creating a truly cinematic gaming experience
- Amplified elements in combat mode, feature decapitation, fatal wounding, dismemberment and a dynamic “blood spray” system
- A diverse array of gladiatorial weaponry that expands through gameplay
- External controller support for a more immersive experience
Gladiator: Sword of Vengeance(TM) is available on Steam at a suggested retail price of $9.99 USD. The title is Rated M for Mature by the ESRB and 18+ by PEGI.
Discover more about Gladiator Sword of Vengeance(TM) today at www.gladiatorthegame.com
About Throwback Entertainment
Canadian-based Throwback Entertainment Inc. develops, creates, and publishes immersive and interactive gaming titles. In 2006, Throwback acquired an extensive library from Acclaim Entertainment, Inc. comprised of over 180 titles. Notable franchises include Extreme G Racing(TM), Vexx(TM), Gladiator: Sword of Vengeance(TM), Legends of Wrestling(TM), Iggy’s Reckin’ Balls(TM).
Find more information about Throwback Entertainment at www.throwbackentertainment.com