The classic Xbox action adventure title returns, bringing console-like gameplay to your Windows device
TORONTO, ON – May 6, 2015 – Thrax is back, and more mobile than ever. Announced today during the Microsoft IGNITE conference, Throwback Entertainment is releasing Gladiator: Sword of Vengeance. Originally released by Acclaim Entertainment on the PlayStation® 2 computer entertainment system and the Xbox™ video game system from Microsoft, the hit title will be available for download on Windows and the Windows Phone Store, this spring with release on Xbox One later this summer.
Gladiator: Sword of Vengeance™ is set in ancient Rome, where the only justice comes in the form of cold sharp steel. Players step into the armor of Thrax, the deadliest gladiator of his time, and quickly learn to master an array of deadly combo attacks and bloody finishing moves in a quest to return Rome to its former glory.
“Gladiator is the first major Acclaim title that is part of our ongoing commitment to the Windows ecosystem,” said Robert Maduri, president of Throwback Entertainment. “Gladiator brings the best of console gaming and gladiatorial combat to your back pocket.”
Gladiator: Sword of Vengeance™ includes:
- An advanced combat system that allows a huge variety of gladiatorial moves and multiple opponent targeting;
- “Death Blows” – more than 60 gory killing moves based on authentic historical data
- A huge variety of opponents, including powerful gladiators and terrifying mythical monsters
- Scripted cameras and dynamic lighting, creating a truly cinematic gaming experience
- Amplified elements in combat mode, feature decapitation, fatal wounding, dismemberment and a dynamic “blood spray” system
- A diverse array of gladiatorial weaponry that expands through gameplay
- External controller support for a more immersive experience
About Throwback Entertainment
Canadian-based Throwback Entertainment Inc. develops, creates and publishes immersive and interactive gaming titles. The company’s unique portfolio of games has accumulated over $3.5 billion in revenue, sold over 200 million copies and distributed to over 35 countries worldwide. Notable franchises include Extreme G Racing™, Vexx™, Gladiator: Sword of Vengeance™, Legends of Wrestling™, Iggy’s Reckin’ Balls™, and Deflector™.
Find more information about Throwback Entertainment at www.throwbackentertainment.com
“The graphics, sound effects and especially the voice acting are fantastic” – GameBiz
“Gladiator is an amazing-looking game.” – GameInformer
“Gladiator lets you kickus maximus assus with brutal finishing moves.”- Maxim
“I always enjoy a good hack ‘n slash, provided it has style … and Gladiator certainly has that!” – Silver Award – PSE2
“An entertaining and beautiful beat-’em-up” – GameSpy
“Definitely worth a pickup from casual and hardcore action fans alike.” – PSM